Friday, July 17, 2015

Fortunate Fridays!

Hello my dear followers!

Where did the week go? My apologies that I am just posting this at this time. Post should have been up this morning but life took over.

Anyways, here I am to share the highlights of my week and blend that with the things that I felt fortunate for during the past 7 days. And here we go:

1. A belated father's day celebration with family last Saturday --- tons of food, dancing, and a whole lot of family talk. My sister also invited one of her best friends (whom I love) and we were able to have a pretty awesome conversation. Is always nice seeing family together under one same roof. We had quite the fiesta (as typical Dominicans).

2. Having the courage to pursue the things that I am passionate about and making a living from them (as oppose to settling) -- God knows this takes courage but as the saying goes, "jump and the net will appear". This may sound cliche and I didn't quite believe it for some time but is true.

3. Learning to absolutely LOVE my own company again -- after my last relationship came to a close, I struggled to get myself "back together" (I still want to write the post about this. Feel it can help some of my readers). I thought the day would never come but I am finally learning to love myself and my life again to the fullest. As the saying goes "it is better to be alone than be with someone that makes you feel alone". I don't know what the future brings or whom I will end up with. All I know is that I believe in love and I welcome it with open arms. Until the love of my life shows up I am learning to make myself myself happy and love the life I am creating. 

4. Being laser focused on my career and business -- I've been spending a good amount of time lately not only working on being the best employee I can be and making my clients happy but also in developing the skills that will make me excel at what I do. This is super exciting to me and I feel quite blessed to have the available resources to make myself professionally better each and every day.

5. Last but not least: Free Kayaking in Manhattan --- one of my besties (Hi Jessica!) signed us up for some kayaking and although I almost cancelled (instructions said you "must" know how to swim) I went for it after reading there were life jackets involved. We had an awesome time despite getting yelled at by the guards for going too far a couple of times. It was a pretty fun day (sorry about the quality of the photos. I forgot my real camera so had to rely on our regular phones).







....after our Kayaking experience we decided to walk by trader joes but on the way there we passed by a Japanese place my friend loves so we decided to stop for some Japanese Dumplings:



...Firs time having these, and hopefully not the last. So delicious.



And finally, other Yummy foods ate this week:

Grilled salmon, Shrimp, Veggies

Chicken Fajitas (homemade)

Have you guys tried these? They're amazing

...and that was my week in a nutshell + the awesome things I feel grateful for and don't take for granted.

What was the highlight of your week? Have you ever tried Kayaking?

Thanks for reading.

Love,
Mabelle


1 comment:

  1. Kayaking sounds so fun! I've always wanted to do it. Someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)

What Do You Do When Insecurities Come Creeping Back?

2017 has been quite the transformative year for me. I am not 100% sure when a "shift" happened. Perhaps it was while strolling t...