Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Mid Week Motivation: My Current Health & Fitness Routine

Hello everyone!

It is July 1st! Can you believe it?! Lets take some time and enjoy the view.

Felt this would be the perfect occasion to bring back the "Mid Week Motivation" series (if you missed the previous posts search "Mid Week Motivation" on the search bar to your right).

Today I want to chat about what I am currently doing for my health, fitness, and lets be honest- my sanity! I don't know about you but maintaining a fitness routine helps me be more focused, motivated, excited, and disciplined with pretty much everything going on in my life. As the saying goes, when in doubt, work out!



[Workouts:]

Honestly, I am not doing anything crazy. For the past several months (pretty much since the beginning of the year) I've kept pretty consistent with the cardio portion of my workouts. During the past month or so, I have been incorporating weights and strength training in to my routine, as noted in this post.

CARDIO: So basically, 5-6 times per week I am at the gym. I have found that hitting the gym at around 11:00 am-12:00 pm on most days is what works for me the best (I currently work from home during the first half of my day and then head out to my other job in the late afternoons). Find the perfect time that can work for you and make it happen. Remember that all you need is at least 30 minutes of high intense cardio. 

My routine is currently at 45-50 minutes plus a cool down. I use the elliptical for about 15-20 minutes and the treadmill for the remainder. 

I proudly wear my Spartan shirt to the gym when I want to feel fierce. Little do people know that race almost killed me. But I made it out alive :-D

WEIGHTS: I do workouts incorporating weight training and strength training about 2-3 times per week. Either Monday, Wednesday, Friday OR Tuesdays and Thursdays depending on what I may have going on in a particular week. I have been using my workout DVDs but strongly considering signing up for a gym class incorporating weights at a local gym. I enjoy working out at home but it would be nice to  break the routine a bit, and meet new people while I'm at it.

Post-workout shameless selfie


[Food:]

I dislike being strict with what I eat or denying myself anything. I simply made a decision to make a conscious effort to eat something that is good for my body each time I eat a meal. I currently eat 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) PLUS snacks whenever I am hungry. I don't believe in starving to death waiting for a next meal- that's something that can simply set you up for failure. If you are hungry, eat something! Just remember to make a conscious effort to make it healthy.

I cook, I bake, and I love to eat {if you think I'm lying just scroll back to prior posts, there is a good amount of food involved, and more to come}.

Restriction is not for me and allowing myself to eat well is something that has worked for me tremendously in terms of getting fit, maintaining a healthy weight, and keeping cravings at bay (don't get me wrong, I still get cravings but definitely not as much as before). Plus, I never feel like I am depriving myself.

Just yesterday I was watching a show about this "new" diet that allows beer and drinks in moderation. Some idiot on the TV show (one of the hosts) said "oh wow that is genius". I am sorry, but having things in moderation is something people have known for....ever....some people just choose to ignore it seeking the easy way out. I know the word idiot sounds harsh but I'm just being honest. It's been common sense for a while. 

Ok peoples, thanks for reading. What is YOUR current fitness routine? Or, if you plan to start one soon, what are the plans??

Love,
Mabelle



16 comments:

  1. We always want diet plans to be complicated when the healthiest and most realistic way is simply moderation.

    I'm getting started with the Couch to 5K and getting in activity when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That is what I always tell people. No need to make our lives complicated! I love that app! I actually started using it year ago when I first started running. Let me know how it helps you :)

      Delete
  2. I also eat three main meals and two snacks.
    I have not been into a routine for fifteen days now, but you are totally motivating me to get my butt of the chair!
    Nice clicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeyy!! so happy to hear that. We all need some motivation from time to time. Nothing wrong with eating well if we are also taking the time to move our bodies!

      Delete
  3. Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. Fitness Bay

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. physician assistant doctorate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. health insurance agent utah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. BLS Courses Florida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. valley imaging

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I really love your content and also the way you write flawlessly, I like to see more of your blogs. You can also check my content about health6 simple skin care tips for a glowing healthy skin
    Reasons why almonds are good for your health
    effective and realistic ways to stay healthy if youre a home based trader"

    ReplyDelete
  10. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. indian visa online

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe I've never been to this site before, but after going through some of the posts I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often. After submitting the form and applying for the India visa online, you can pay the Indian visa fees online.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you The travelers who traveling to Kenya need Kenya visa for Canadian citizens. That they can apply online and can get the 24*7 customer assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so nice of you to share this wonderful blog with us. Good afternoon traveler, I'm so happy to let you know that the Myanmar e visa is now available from the Date of 1st april 2022. You can generate the tourist & business visa request online from your home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I merely would like to make an enormous thumbs up for your excellent info you might have here during this post. US citizens seeking India tourist visa for US citizens to visit India are very easy to track and obtain online. Online processing is now very convenient.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :)

What Do You Do When Insecurities Come Creeping Back?

2017 has been quite the transformative year for me. I am not 100% sure when a "shift" happened. Perhaps it was while strolling t...