Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Absolutely Awesome Almond Butter- Banana Bread Squares





One of my favorite things to bake is Banana bread. I may not share that much here on the blog but is one of my "most commonly baked items". Although I have a sweet tooth, I do make a conscious effort to make my treats as "healthy" as possible. This past weekend I cached the baking bug and decided to check the web for yummy {and somewhat healthy} recipes. I found this one on the Cooking Light website which turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Once  I realized I had the ingredients in my pantry, I got to work.

Another thing I love is almond butter and so, I adapted the recipe to include 1/3 cup of almond butter. Guys, this was the best idea I've had in a very long time. Absolute Heaven.

Ingredients:



Prep Time:
Click on the Cooking Light recipe above for exact measurements. Didnt see the point of copy/pasting on here. I followed the exact recipe except for the fact that I added the 1/3 cup of almond butter. 




To the Oven We Go at 350 degrees {couldn't find my favorite banana bread pan so a random pan had to do}:


...thanks to the pan, instead of baking regular banana bread I had to make the best out of what I was able to find. I had the "bright" idea of turning this  calling this recipe banana bread squares and prepped them in to snack bags to have them as a treats throughout the work week:


Perfect timing as I ran out of my granola bars, so now I have a nice home-made replacement :)

I may or may not recommend smearing a nice dollop of almond butter on top of these before you eat them and while you're at it, pour yourself a cup of almond milk. 



You're welcome. 

Tell me, what is YOUR favorite thing to bake?

Love,
Mabelle




2 comments:

  1. OMG they look really good! I've done banana and peanut butter, but almond sounds way better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irasema. They were very good. I havent tried the peanut butter version but thanks for the idea :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment :)

What Do You Do When Insecurities Come Creeping Back?

2017 has been quite the transformative year for me. I am not 100% sure when a "shift" happened. Perhaps it was while strolling t...